If the power goes out, and WIFI is down, do Brilliant Smart fittings come back on at the last setting, or default back to factory settings?
Generally, Brilliant Smart products will revert back to the last on setting
Can you use your phone directly with the BrilliantSmart product, bypassing WiFi?
No, BrilliantSmart products require WiFi to operate.
Do BrilliantSmart WiFi products affect your internet speed?
“Most products such as lights, switches and sensors will use minimal bandwidth.
Your internet speed will be affected when streaming video footage from your BrilliantSmart camera similar to any streaming site.”
What range will BrilliantSmart products work up to?
There is no specified distance. The range is dependent on obstructions between the BrilliantSmart product and the location of the router, such as concrete, plaster walls, furniture, mirrors etc. In particular sold metal objects in the path of the signal.
To ensure a Brilliant Smart product will work, we recommend that your phone shows at least two bars of Wi-Fi signal where the product will be installed.
Tip: Your modem should be centrally in the house for maximum effectiveness.
If a BrilliantSmart light is switched off by the app? Will it reset if it is turned on by the manual light switch?
The light will turn back on in the last “on” state of the device. This is dependent on the type of product dependant. The Jupiter dimmer connector will power light on.
Tip: Create lighting schedules in the Brilliant Smart app to ensure lights turn on and off.
What’s the difference between a scene and a group?
A group is a cluster of one type of product that you can associate together. A scene can have multiple products all controlled at the same time.
Can you just control via the app on your phone or do you have to have Google Home/Alexa?
You do not need to use a Google or Alexa. These devices gives you the ability to control your BrilliantSmart products by voice.
Can I use other brands with Brilliant Smart?
You can incorporate other brands of Smart products by using the IFTTT app. Using the IFTTT app can combine other Smart product systems together with BrilliantSmart.
Does the device need to be re-added after changing the router?
If your router’s name and password change, you need to reset the device and add it again.
What/Whom is Tuya?
Tuya are the manufacturers of the smart chip and help us develop Smart products for Brilliant.
Please note when adding device:
1. Confirm device is powered on.
2. Confirm the device is under config mode.
3. Confirm that device, smartphone and router are as close to each other.
4. Make sure the network function of router and smartphone are unblocked.
5. Confirm the entered router password is correct.
6. Confirm adding device is under 2.4 WIFI channel. Enable the broadcast and not allow to hide Wi-Fi
7. Confirm that router’s encryption method is WPA2-PSK and authentication type is AES, or both are set up as automatic.
8. If router’s connected devices reach the amount limit. Please try to turn off some devices’ wifi function and configure again.
9. If router enables MAC address filter, please try removing the device from MAC filter list and make sure router is allowing device to be connected
10. Make sure that the router has the DHCP service enabled. If it is not enabled, the address will be occupied.
11. If it still doesn’t work, it may be that the router is not compatible with the device. It is recommended that you replace the router and try again.
What if the device is offline?
1. Please confirm whether the device is energized;
2. Please confirm whether the device or the network has been cut off. If so, there is a process to go online. Please check whether it is online after 2 minutes.
3. Please confirm the network is stable.（Check methods: put the phone or iPad besides your device and make sure they’re in the same network environment, try to open a website to judge if the network can be used.)
4. Confirm whether the home Wi-Fi network is normal, or whether the Wi-Fi name and password have been modified. If so, remove the device and add it again, PS: 5G wifi is temporarily not supported, only 2.4G wifi can be used.
5. If the network is normal, but the device is still offline, check if there are too many Wi-Fi connections. .Please try to restart the router, wait 3 minutes and observe the status of the device;
6. If all is normal after check, we recommend that you remove the device and add it again.(Device Removal Method: Open the App and enter the device control page, click “…” button which is in the top right corner, click on the bottom of the page “remove device”)
The WIFI indicator flashes quickly, but the network configuration is failed.
1. If the indicator light flashes quickly all the time. Please re-try or restart the Wi-Fi module. If it still does not work, please submit the model number of the router and the phone in Feedback, we will verify and process for you.
2. If the indicator light is out after the quick flash all the time. Please check if your phone can access the external network when connecting Wi-Fi, and check if the name and password for the Wi-Fi is correct in network distribution; please remove the device and re-try after confirmation.
3. The indicator light stays on after the quick flash Please pair and test the network after removal.
When the firewall is set to block all port traffic by default, which ports do the apps need to open to access the Internet?
You can try port 80/443 or port 1883
What encryption types do our Smart Home products support?
Currently our smart home products only support WEP and WPA/WPA2 encryptions. Portal and WPA/WPA2 enterprise are not supported. For security un-secured open networks are not supported. Note: Smart home products do support hidden SSIDs. You will need to enter the SSID and password manually to connect when you do the configuration.